Sunday, August 26, 2012

The First BIG, and very PUBLIC journey

How could I not start journaling this? For those of you who don't know, Aaron and I followed Drew Manning, a personal trainer, on his unique journey as he intentionally gained 75 lbs in an attempt to empathize with his overweight clients. Cool idea right? We continued to follow him as lost those 75 lbs over the course of 6 months. (for more details and shocking before, during, and after pictures, visit www.fit2fat2fit.com)

When Drew posted that he was accepting applications for his next journey--choosing a family to help lose weight the same way he had--we both toyed with the idea of applying. We would lose weight! But It would be very public.... We would be motivated to finally get back into shape! But It would be difficult. In the end, we decided to apply.

Now our journey begins--We were chosen as the lucky family. So I ask the question once again: How could I not journal this? With so many people supporting us, I wanted a way to inform people about how we are doing--not just on the scale, but emotionally. I feel like enough people battle weight loss, but the battle is so layered. We face what feels like endless challenges: emotional eating, fatigue, saboteurs, lack of time, patience to endure long term changes, etc. Hopefully my journey can be a realistic insight to those of you following along.


4 comments:

  1. do you get a diet coke once in a while? ;) Cin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So rooting for you and Aaron, Jenny! I guarantee you won't recognize yourself in six months. I still don't recognize myself after my 9-month journey (-108 lbs), with six months with Drew and Lynn. The transformation inside and out is simply amazing.

    And yes, my daughter's name is well, Jenny...

    ReplyDelete