Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Morning After....Day one that is

Not gonna lie. Day one was hard for me--Harder for me than for Aaron. I had a headache a few hours into the day. Apparently this is normal for anyone cutting out processed foods, sugars, caffeine, etc. I didn't have tons of energy because I felt hungry. So with what felt like a black hole in my stomach and a hammer inside my head, I needed to really evaluate why I was doing this. Yes--Day one I had to have a serious talk with myself and consider all the reasons why I was doing this. Here is the list I came up with:
  • I want to wear my wedding ring. It's true, it's true. My fingers are too fat for it. I desperately want to put it on again.
  • I want to have another baby sooner than later--yes even with all the complications we faced last time, Aaron and I both want another one. But I want to be healthy before I go through another pregnancy.
  • Isabelle- Isabelle motivates me because I want to play soccer with her in a few years. I want to take her on long walks. I want to have energy to work all day and then come home and still have energy to give her the attention she needs and deserves.
  • I want to wear my clothes again. I love my clothes, but nothing, not one thing I own fits me. I mostly wear Aaron's T-shirts because I have nothing to wear.
  • And finally, I want to feel good about myself both inside and out. Believe it or not, I really like who I am--skinny or fat--I am a confident person and have always been. But, being overweight does start to take its toll on my overall happiness. It does affect my life overall.
After reassessing exactly why I agreed to do this, I felt a lot more at peace. Still hungry? Yes. Headache present? You betcha! But I also have a renewed sense of excitement as I look forward to all of my motivations coming to fruition. My advice to those following along at home--spend some serious time remembering WHY you are doing whatever it is you are trying to do. It makes all the difference in the world.

5 comments:

  1. As your friend and past trainer, I want to wish you the best in this journey.
    I know how hard you train and what you're capable of! You can do this.
    It's obviously going to be harder this time around because there's more to lose.
    But if anyone can do this, my friend, you definitely can.
    Those are all great reasons to stay on track so remind yourself of them often.
    I'm rooting for you you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kjell! I've always been amazed with how you made fitness a priority even with your two kiddos. Inspiring! I realize this time around will be more difficult for me than the last time I had some weight to lose. I also feel I have more at stake this time around, which I will use as motivation to make this happen. Thanks for "rooting" for me!!!

      Delete
  2. It's going to be a long road, no doubt. But it WILL be worth it. You CAN do this Jenny. I know you can! You can always call and vent to me anytime. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It will be a long road, no doubt" but maybe if I listen to a little "No Doubt" along the way, it will be easier. Thanks for your support little one. LOVE YOU!

      Delete