To be perfectly honest, tonight I just don't care. I know I'll care in a few minutes, but seriously this is my life. I go go go non stop and sometimes I just want someone to come along and break both my legs so that I am forced to slow down! Or rather, do nothing :)
As much as I want to be someone who can cook all my meals on Sunday and eat out of the refrigerator for the next three days, I'm just not that kind of person. Neither is Aaron. Of course we realize how much easier our lives would be if we could adhere to that important principle in this whole change, but we are who we are, and we like freshly cooked food. But I'm starting to reconsider.
I've also been sick. Like really sick and that is hard to be sick and not eat comfort food. My go to place is "Kneaders" and whenever I'm sick I say "I need Kneaders" and Aaron usually gets it for me. I also love to eat ice cream when I'm not well. It makes me feel better. Honestly it does. But I don't get any of that now. I have to be sick and eat chicken. And brocoli. And spinach. And keep working at my two jobs and raising a four month baby and try to maintain a normal marriage. And it's hard. And I feel like crying.
Everything feels crappy when you're sick, right?
Don't give up!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a bump in the road...maybe a rather LARGE one, but DON'T GIVE UP!!!
You want to get healthy. You want to lose the weight. You want to feel good about yourself and be happy again. YOU cannot give up.
Everybody is cheering you and Aaron on Jenny. You guys are going to look and feel so great when this is all done. I'm sending you positive vibes from here in Florida!
ReplyDeleteI loved your outright honesty, Jenny! We're all rooting for you and Aaron. Seriously, don't give up! It will get easier, and when you see your body changing for the better, and how much better you feel, it will propel you to keep moving forward.
ReplyDeleteI know! I lost over 108# with Drew and Lynn. And there were very difficult days. And you get them in person at least once a week. I didn't. You have the opportunity of a lifetime with two of the most kind and wonderful people ever. They want you and Aaron to succeed. Show them and yourself that you can succeed no matter how difficult it gets.
And I hear you about the ice cream, Jenny! Reread my story on Drew's blog from 4/18/2012. Been there done that. Remember, nothing tastes as good as how you will feel. I just slurped my spinach shake for breakfast: 238 days and counting. Still addicted to it. It's so good I consider it a "cheat meal" Ha Ha
-Sue
Your honesty about this process is refreshing. Keep pushing. As a soon to be dad who is trying to get fit, I appreciate the chance to follow along on your journey.
ReplyDelete-Andrew
Aaahhh Jenny!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you being honest!!! Its for real!!! Nothing easy about it!!! But like everyones said, you will "feel" way better than all of those things "taste." :) Keep at it girl!!
ReplyDelete